13. Reverend Ray Rose on Faith and Stroke Recovery
Reverend Ray Rose
Reverend Ray suffered a stroke and had a long healing journey. In today’s interview, he answers a couple of questions:
- How can a small measure of faith help some overcome the challenges that come with having a stroke?
- What happens when you know the odds are not with you, to be independent again?
Even when he wanted to die, give up and call it quits, he kept going. He believes that there is so much in you that you have to give to somebody else. There is somebody else that needs you. This is the part of the emotional battle that he fought within.
What We Talk About In This Interview
This is Ray’s first time telling his story. With courage and vulnerability, he shares:
- His experience having a stroke
- A message from God
- We talk about his time in the hospital and recovery
- What it was like when he first came home
- He shares his journey, recovery, and experience in finding what he is passionate about.
- We talk about the impact on his family
- The power of prayer
- We talk about suicide, both having the will to go on and helping others see the good within themselves.
You can tune into the audio interview on the Podcast: Here